Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Killing Orders

Killing Orders
Author: Sara Paretsky
Read by Donada Peters
7 discs  (approx 8 hours)

It begins as a $3 million heist from a Dominican priory.  It spirals into a case of lethal complexity that may unite big corporate conspirators, Chicago's underworld bosses and the Church itself in a very unholy Trinity.  V.I. Warshawski's job is to find out for sure...even hough it's clear she might die trying. 

Personal Review:  I couldnt finish this book. I am a fan of the V.I. Warshawski novels, however both of the other novels I read were read by Sandra Burr-she did a great job!  This narrator isnt bad-its just She does have an English accent so after Listening to Sandra Burr read the other stories---and a BIG part of this character is that she was born/raised on the South side of Chicago it seemed odd that they would choose a reader with an English accent. 

No comments:

Post a Comment